Fantastic Weekly Pt 8. 19.6.2020
Welcome to Fantastic Weekly to follow our development process on our upcoming game: FANTASTIC ENERGY.
Today came out the long waited UPDATE!!
It has been a hustle to get all the little things done and we would be more than happy if you would download the game and try it out.
(disclaimer: if the visuals you see here are not visible in your game, try updating manually or wait a little, changes should be visible latest in 20.6. :D)
Download Fantastic Energy here
We would also like to thank Aapo and Melissa who are now moving into new adventures. Their internship at Punnu Games has come to it's end and we are devastated and sad to let them go, but excited to see how much they have learned and evolved during their time with us!
Best of luck in your journey to the massive world of Game Development!
Talking about how to make the UI more user friendly, we decided to improve the looks of the UI in Fantastic Energy. It is much more appealing and less in the way now!
One topic of design this week has been the face of the game.
We are in the process of creating the mascot monster, let's see what we come up with!
Preparing for midsummer and planning a round of AB-testing internationally. We also had a meeting with our amazing LGIN mentor Gabriele Aimone. <3 He once again gave us a lot to think about and he also gave us some wonderful advice on the AB-testing we are planning!
This week has been full of development. Improved the base functions so that the placed furniture can be rotated and deleted.
Also fixed the bug so that when a furniture is placed, it's removed from the inventory.
Also fixed some scaling in the prefabs and added all the amazing new craftables and monsters made by our fantastic artists. Also added some more analytics to the game.
Tweaking and fixing little things has been somewhat the main thing to do this week.
Now it's time to kick back and enjoy midsummer!
Olli: A quiet week. Everyone else seems to be running on three legs before midsummer holiday, while I’m just keeping things from falling apart on the server side and made a minor fix to analytics in the game ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
This has been the last week of my practical training, and I finally finished the UI for the store AND it scales correctly on different screen sizes!
Working at Punnu Games has been a unforgettable experience and I have learned a lot more than I initially thought possible. It has been a pleasure to work with this team!
What a busy week. I’ve done lots of tweaking and polishing this week so that we can have the latest graphics for this week’s update. I added and set up the new monsters to the game, added the new shader to the craftables and created some new UI graphics for the map, base and monster fight. Here’s how the map looks with the new UI graphics.
This week I spent mostly finishing and polishing my latest models and I rendered a bunch of images of our craftables. I used simple modifiers such as bevel and subdivision to make the models look good in the renders. In the actual game the models are a bit more optimized. I also had time to make this silly washing machine :). These 7 weeks have just flown by and this was my last week of practical training. It has been a great experience to be a part of this awesome team!
This week I finished animating the bigger caterpillar and moved on to work on the little flame we saw in last week’s weekly! And what a fun little flame it is!
Compared to some of the models I have worked on before this one was relatively simple, but gotta love that tongue and those flames on its head-- err, body, I suppose haha. As the character is quite small and doesn’t have many limbs or appendages, it was fun to try and make it move a bit faster and make it a little wild, like flames tend to be!
Thanks for reading and cya next week!
Punnu Games team